The DPA and GDPR May 2018
Butler Landscaping and Design and this website complies to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations May 2018)
Butler Landscaping and Design gathers and processes your personal information in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and other relevant data protection regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains, why, when and how we process your personal data.
The Information That We Collect From You.
We process your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The Personal Data That We Collect Is:
- Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Contact person(s) contact information
- Our correspondence and communications with you.
How Your Personal Data May Be Used.
Butler Landscaping and Design takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We retain your data only for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice.
- We collect your personal data to provide a service and to ensure that all requirements are completed.
- We will occasionally send you marketing information where we have assessed that it is beneficial to you as a customer and in our interests. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests.
- We sometimes use independent contractors and sub contractors in our business. Your information will be shared with them only where it is necessary for them to perform the function we have hired them to perform in the relation to our business.
- You are not obligated to provide your personal information to us. However, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services, we will not be able to offer some/all our services without it.
Your Rights In Relation To Your Information
You have the right to access any personal information that we have about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing of that information
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- To request the correction, amendment or deletion of your information
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request. This is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing And Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. We may use third parties to provide services; however, all processors acting on our behalf process your data only in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We take your privacy seriously and take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction.
Transfers Outside The EU
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data. We do not transfer or store any personal data outside the EU.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We will keep your data on our systems for as long as a relationship exists between us, unless you ask us specifically to remove your details.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
We process your personal information only in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the commissionery office.
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF – 0303 123 1113 – https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
Linking To Other Sites From Our Website
Our website contains links to other sites, which are not managed by Butler Landscaping and Design.
Butler Landscaping and Design are not responsible for the privacy practices within any of these other sites. Users should be aware of this when leaving our site and we would encourage users to read the privacy statement.